I usually hide behind a few layers, so today I'll peel away a few and tell you some of the things about myself that I save in bottles on shelves in the many caves of me. Wander in with me and see what's there.
1. I lived in Moscow, Russia, for 4 years in the 1990s teaching a form of dance. I loved it, traveling as much as I could. I knew Russian from university and had always dreamed of living there. So this time was outside of time and in my dreams.
2. I love ice cream, but can't really have it anymore. But since I had dental surgery last week, my fiancee found some sugarless ice cream for me. After I let it melt a little, it fits perfectly into my happy mouth. Ahh, bliss.
3. I spent ten years raising small exotic finches. Seeing the little babies emerge from the eggs and grow up was my favorite part. I have one hand-tamed finch from that time, as well as a number of adults living out their years with me, now that I don't breed any more.
Pippa, hand-tamed finch who died at two years old
4. I have always been a vagabond about the world until quite recently. I have lived in this cottage since 2001. The longest I have lived in the same place as an adult. I've rather enjoyed this being in one place and now don't want to move when my fiancee talks about it. I've gone from vagabond to putting down roots that don't want disturbing.
5. I love detective and science fiction movies the best. The mystery and unexpected are terribly exciting to me. But I will watch almost anything, except some of the animated films and TV shows.
6. As a teacher of dance, I also danced on the stage. I loved it at the time, but am glad to dance about my garden now.
7. I see and hear nature spirits. Actually, all spirits that I direct my attention to. I've not always been able to do this, at least not consciously. The past ten years or so this ability has developed.
8. I will marry in the spring to this wonderful man. Tall, light and handsome. I never thought I'd do this a second time, that is, get married.
9. I love dogs and would love to have one. But the landlord doesn't allow them here. So I look at doggie pictures and doggies on the street and dream of the day I'll have a dog again.
10. I've always wanted to have a larger garden with secret parts to it, hidden by shrubs or trees. Then in part of the garden I want a sleeping room, where I can rest or work outside and hear the birds and the wind. Part of the garden would be just for tea, part of it just for dinner. The other parts of this dream garden are for walking with different attractions, like a fountain, certain kinds of plants, an arbor, a pergola and lots of flowers. But the sleeping room is the one I dream of the most. I love falling asleep to the sounds of nature.
Now for the envelope-- of those who will get the Honest Scrap Award after me.
The Rusty Hoe for all the unusual things she posts. She keeps me up-to-date on the world's unsusual.
Moj Vrt and all the fun posts she makes about her Croatian garden.
Dirt Simple for the really informative and artistic posts.
Nature Nerd and all the things she posts about her students.
Las Frutas de Paraiso for all things Nicuarguan and farming.
Le Jardin sous le Tillleul for the honesty and beauty on her blog.
The Cottage on the Corner for some beautiful photos.
The Violet Fern for the joy in sharing her lovely garden.
Singapore Plants Lover for all those Singapore plants.
Don't feel compelled to respond to the award, but it can be fun. To respond, copy the Honest Scrap award to your site and tell ten things about yourself. Don't forget to pass the award on to nine (or is it ten) other people. Let's get to know each other a little better.